We are healers. Life Changers. Teachers.
This is Gwinnett Medical Center. This is now.
Gwinnett Medical Center has always been known for care and compassion. Today, we’ve grown to become one of the leading health systems in Georgia, with new facilities, new capabilities and expanded services.
We’re pushing the boundaries of technology and attracting some of the nation’s most skilled hands and brightest medical minds. Things that were once thought to be impossible, we are doing every day. You can come to Gwinnett Medical Center for the most complex procedures, like open-heart surgery, surgical and non-surgical brain tumor treatments, groundbreaking cancer care, and even a Level III neonatal intensive care unit.
GMC traces its roots to a single community hospital.
GMC is pushing the boundaries of modern medicine and technology.
As the hospital most preferred for all health needs in Northeast Metro Atlanta1, every facet of our health care system is designed with the patient in mind. As one of “America’s safest hospitals,” according to Forbes2, we’re taking the lead as the best health care provider in the state. Learn more about our award-winning specialty services:
Compassionate care. Advanced technology.
- For more than 70 years, we have offered comprehensive Women's Health services designed for every stage of your life—from maternity education courses and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit to a wide range of imaging and screening services and more.
- The physicians of The Brain & Spine Institute provide a dedicated and unique approach to caring for neurological conditions, including brain tumors. At our Center for Neuroscience, we offer Atlanta’s only one-stop shop concept, featuring intensive, intermediate and acute care for neurology and neurosurgery patients in one unit.
- Our Sports Medicine Program at GMC-Duluth has more affiliated surgeons with sports medicine fellowship training than any other hospital system in Georgia. They provide medical coverage for high school, college and professional teams.
- We are a national leader in minimally invasive surgery—including Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery and daVinci Robotic Surgery—offering patients a virtually scarless surgery that minimizes hospital stay and recovery time.
- Our Cardiovascular Services include advanced treatments such as open heart surgery in the same location as a nationally accredited chest pain center and a full range of cardiac diagnostic services.
- No matter your age or weight, the The Center for Weight Management has a medical or surgical weight loss solution for you.
- Our Cancer Institute has a team of more than 20 cancer specialists—including physicians, nurses and technologists—who design individualized plans that can help you beat cancer.
- Our Graduate Medical Education program is attracting some of the brightest talent in medicine to our community, helping to fill the troublesome shortage of primary care physicians in Metro Atlanta.
- The Concussion Institute at GMC-Duluth is the first center in the Southeast to include concussion testing, neuropsychology, athletic training, vestibular therapy, visual therapy and physical therapy—all under one roof.
1Based on 2005-October 2015 National Research Corporation Market Insights Results
2Rebecca Ruiz and David Whelan; “Full List: America’s Safest Hospitals”; accessed 4-20-2009